Tuesday 13 November, 2007

Theme Day.....GO GREEN - LIVE GREEN..

02 Nov 2007 - We had something that is termed as Theme day in the office. My team is a huge team (60-65 ppl) comprising of 4-5 groups. Still looking at that no. - Yeah my manager is a DON. Coming back to the topic, the concept is we had to decorate our cubicles to describe the theme and yes we had decided that we all would bring up a same Theme.
Deciding upon the theme, as I had earlier thought, didnot take much time - ppl are manier times short of Ideas.. :). Recently we all had seen a short film on Global Warming and one my frnds suggested the same as a theme. The theme had the potential subject and also the potential scenery that can be brought up.
There were 2 days for the preparation. As expected we didnot do anything till we reached in the nick of time. We had Team Meetings to decide upon three pet questions - what, who & when. Really these 3 Ws are part of our life and I dont see any way escaping out of these. I dont mean I want a way out..!

Friday Morning .. I had to be at home till 9.00 in the morning and as was expected out of me could not reach office early. When I reached there, few of my colleagues were sitting on the floor doing cut-paste (not on PC - at least at times we do something different), in 1 of our cubicle we had taken Jungle/Forest as a theme - and in the subsequent cubicle we had the dark & polluted earth. The jungalees (i mean ppl who sit in the same cubicle) were busy designing trees, rivers, animals, jungle noise and what not.. and we the ppl gifted with pollution were busy building industries, loads of buildings and roads and stuff. Ppl can come early in the morning to office - firm belief that I had that day.. ! It was i guess 10-10.30 and we were ready for the event. Our moto was Go Green - Live Green and so ppl had dressed in green.

Then I along with few of my frnds walked out to see the other side of the hall to see creativity at PTC. And I was so amazed to see whole lot of ideas and panorama of the same. The moment I entered the hall I heard a bell that sounded like a school bell and immediately saw a bunch of school boys and girls. The Part Shala of the Part management team was amazing .All the team was dressed uniformly as if like in uniform and the school babes ..(Girls I mean) were looking good. The best one was a guy who was looking like a Peon. The second group which caught hold of our attraction was the 'Jab We Ate' chefs, this team had a Restaurant and Bar theme. Not to my surprise many of my frnds were attracted towards the Bar. The hats these guys had wore were building up the main scene. There were quite a few good themes - One was WADLABS(Multiplex) and they had all the new movie posters all around the place - The name plate 'WADLABS' decoration was good. Yet another theme had caught hold of politicians - and the theme was named 'Kab Tak'. People had dressed to suit the theme and Karunanidhi was amazing. ! In the afternoon my team (60folks) visited all the other teams to see and this event was very noisy. We were far more huge, loud & brainy for others to stand in front of us and it showed up in the end result.

We won the competition, and I was beaming with mates. Yes the experience really was awesome and the involvement put up and exhibited by the mates was avid. This experience was sort of instauration for me and the exposure of ideas, innovation, creativity and resourcefulness was awe-inspiring. I will cherish this experience for a long time.... !

No comments: