Monday 5 January, 2009

Being Professional - What does it mean

Lot of things have happened after I had written last .. I wanted to write abt few but well couldnot write.. !

At the office currently we are chasing a very strict deadline. And I am experiencing many new things as the date is coming close. Meaning of being Professional - is one such thing, that I am able to understand. I feel the essence of this is understanding your Role and sticking to the same. Understanding your Role is very crucial part, and I think many individuals will be facing problems in this only. Even if you understand your Role there are other factors like - Donot get carried away with emotions, pressure - of various kinds like peer, managerial, pressure of being caught guilty,pressure from any Individual, work pressure. Toughest thing being - sticking to what us expected out from you(your role). Following processes also is one of the aspect - manyindividuals find difficult to work on with. Rational thinking is one such imp aspects. I found myself keeping away from this and I am learning to change on this one. there are of various things that I am experiencing/learning when I see myself and my team-mates and all the things that are going on these days.

But theres is one fact also - Professionalism will be effective and one will be able to adopt this easily when you certainly know that, thats how the team and the business operates. If one has any prejudice(which everyone will certainly have but willnot talk about) then you cannot walk on the path of being Professional.

I had a chat with one of my team-mates abt few such observations that I had abt him and saw him change in a day. First day when everyone noticed change in his behavior - he sounded somewhat arrogant, trying to run away from work and so on. And this change was very predominant. Hats off to him to be able to change the style he communicates, the things he was able to address within such a short time. !

In general when taking any decision in life - how can one be professional ? Replicate what I learn from the office stuff to other places in my life. Do we have a clear role definition in our relations ? r they meant for this ? or one should not be "Professional" in relations ? or should not ONLY be professional ?! In case of social organizations how is this handled ? how is this handled in JP ? and more importantly how do we stick to this ? Or there we give reasons.. I agree there can/are many aspects in life, attitudes which might be more meaningful than being "professional" in relations and may be other areas of life, but Analysis - one more aspect of Professionalism i feel should stand valid and meaningful in all the areas of our lifes. Saying this I still feel that we do lot of analysis in JP but still lack professionalism(may be due to obscurity in roles or for n no. of Reasons)

All such comparisons are good to have, I am currently enjoying the same..

No comments: